What’s the best way to learn about photography? What’s the best way to learn about the business? Be a fucking assistant!!! That’s how it was done back in the day and still done to this day. Find a studio or a photographer and see if they need help. You might have to work for free or even for next to nothing, but it’s great way to learn. Here’s 5 rules for ALL you wanna be assistants…
- Rule #1 – The most important rule is to make your boss the photographer look good. It’s your job to assist him in all that he needs and looks good to the clients.
- Rule #2 – Assist the photographer the way you would want to be assisted.
- Rule #3 – If don’t listen, you don’t learn. If yer not sure, ask questions!!! Just ask at the right time.
- Rule #4 – Learn how to solve problems, big and small. Being a problem solver is the best skill any assistant can have.
- Rule #5 – This is the time to develop your work ethic. Learning how to work hard and smart takes time. This is that time!
Leave A Comment